Congratulationson your upcoming PMU appointment!
Below is important information to prepare you for your appointment. Please read everything thoroughly to ensure you are a good candidate, and to understand what is required of you before and after to ensure your best healed results.
Before Your Appointment:Please avoid caffeine 24 hours prior, and alcohol 48 hours prior to your appointment
- Caffeinated items include coffee, black, green or white tea or energy drinks (this will increase bleeding and lead to poor pigment retention and poorly healed results)
- 24 hours prior to appointment, gently exfoliate the skin that will be worked on.
- Do NOT take Advil or other blood thinners such as Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance
- If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed color •Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle
- No waxing, threading or tinting 3 days before
- 7 days prior to your application, please refrain from using Vitamin E, Fish Oil and Retin A topical
- All of the products above could cause excessive bleeding and will negatively affect the longevity of your semi-permanent makeup application. In some cases, the application may need to be prematurely stopped.
- Lightly exfoliate brow area the night before procedure. (This can be as simple as using sugar & coconut / olive oil or unscented lotion)
After your Appointment:
- Immediately following your procedure, the pigment will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as light scabs begin to form. You must let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It can take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over. Your color will fade up to 30-50% once healed to it’s true color over the course of 1 month
- You may NOT get the area wet for too long or apply and kind of products (except what I provide for your aftercare) for at least 10 days after. Avoid any exercise that makes you sweat for at least 10 days after. No makeup on the area for 10 days
If you have any of the below conditions, you will not retain color well and will not be a good candidate for permanent makeup procedure:
- Ingrown hairs and open bombs on eyebrow
- Eczema, Psoriases, Dermatitis (constant flaking / itching / irritation/ shedding of skin )
- Rosacea – skin bleeds easy and will not retain color well
- Severely oily skin on eyebrows-the hair strokes will appear more blended, solid, or not retain at all
- Large pores on your forehead & in the eyebrow area
- Deep wrinkles in the brow area
- Fitzpatrick Skin types 1 (red heads / translucent skin / light eyes) – due to hypersensitivity and thickness, this skin type does not take the color well.
- Accutane or Retin-A (acne medication) within the last year
- Retinol or Vitamin A user – must discontinue 1 month prior to treatment
- Extremely thin skin
- Pregnant or nursing
- heart conditions / pace maker / defibrillator
- Thyroid condition and taking medication for this condition (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, Graves disease, Hashimotos – results in thicker skin).
- If you are not taking medication you are a candidate for your permanent makeup procedure
- Autoimmune Disorder such as LUPUS or Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia (MS, RA, Lupus or the like)
If you are on any of these medications, you will have excessive bleeding and color WILL NOT retain well:
- Triflusal (Disgren)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Prasugrel (Effient)
- Ticagrelor (Brilinta)
- Ticlopidine (Ticlid)
- Cilostazol (Pletal)
- Vorapaxar (Zontivity)
- Dipyridamole (Persantine)
If you fail to disclose any of the above skin conditions/ medial conditions/ medications, you will have a poor outcome and further touch- ups to improve the results will be at an additional cost or treatment may be declined.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime. We will have an amazing time together achieving your perfect brows!