- Wash hands with unscented soap before you wash or touch the area.
- Wash your eyebrows EVERY HOUR very well with a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water
- lips do not need to be washed every hour, just keep moisturized.
- Brows- Pat dry with a tissue then apply a very thin layer of Skin Candy
- Lips- put ice on lips for 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off. (Be sure not to apply ice directly onto skin to prevent burn or irritation).
- Keep area lightly glossed with the Skin Candy or preferred ointment.
- brows- reapply 3-4 times a day for next 7 days
- lips- reapply as needed
- Brows-Use a very small amount of the Skin Candy ointment, otherwise it will suffocate your brows & can heal blurry. It should last you longer than 7 days, so apply a very thin layer.
- DO NOT use any Retin A, Glycolic Acids, Peroxide, Neosporin during healing period
- DO NOT scrub or pick the area
- DO NOT expose the area to the sun or tanning beds. You must use a hat if you are in the sun.
- AVOID any facials, face or body massage, eyelash extensions, brow waxing (eyebrow PMU), swimming, whirlpools or sauna for 7 days.
- DO NOT exercise the first 3-5 days. No heavy sweating for 7 days.
- Brows- NO Hot Yoga for 10 days.
- Do not apply makeup on the area
- Brows- DO NOT tint eyebrows for 10 days.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF PIGMENT.
What to expect for the first 10 days after microblading or eyebrow shading procedures:
First 2 days:
- The color will be a little dark
- Slight swelling, thickness, and/ or redness for 1-2 days following the procedure.
After about 6 days: The color will appear to be very light
After 10 days: The color will resolve itself to its appropriate shade.
General Healing Expectations for Eyebrow PMU
- The color will appear softer once your brows are completely healed. It is normal to lose approximately 1/3 of the color during the healing process.
- Complete healing takes 30 days.
- Your touch up appointment (after 4-8 weeks) will perfect your look adding hair stroke if needed, and going over any faded strokes.
- Your brows will appear approximately 20-25% darker and wider than they will be when completely healed.
- Natural exfoliation will cause the excess pigment surrounding the eyebrow procedure to take away and narrow the width of your eyebrows.
- Don’t be concerned that your eyebrows will initially appear darker and heavier in size than you desire, this is all part of the healing process
General Healing Expectations for Lip PMU
- Swelling is normal and will go down 24 – 48 hours later
- Color next day will get darker
- Lips will feel dry and will begin to flake this is normal
- If dryness is overwhelming try applying some aloe to lips
- water or moisturizers
- avoid licking lips as this is drying
- Lips may feel a little itchy when peeling
- Lip color will go through various color changes and this is normal
- It takes 45 days to see the final result of the previous treatment
- Color correction clients
- lips will appear orange for the first week, this is normal